W60 Fine Wire Welder
The W60 welder is designed for sensor manufacturers to
produce commercial grade thermocouple junctions, and by
users of large numbers of exposed junction thermocouples
such as test and development laboratories where multipoint
temperature sensing of test pieces is required.
Front Panel Controls
- Arc Argon gas and weld current controlled by
the “Weld” switch. LED indication.
- Purge Allows the gas line and electrode shield to
be purged of air prior to a new welding period.
- Weld Switch Initiates a welding operation (in “arc” mode
also opens the Argon valve).
- Argon LED Indicates when the Argon control valve is open
and gas is flowing.
- Wait LED Glows when weld charge is building.
- Ready LED “Ready to Weld” indication.
- Power Rotary control of the capacitor charge voltage.
- Level selector Selects the total capacitance available giving
the following values with LED indication.
“LO” = 0 to 6 Joules
“MED” = 0 to 28 Joules
“HI” = 0 to 64 Joules
- Electrode Holder Holds the replaceable carbon electrode which
is accessible by removing the outer Argon Shield.
- Red socket Output socket for using the pliers supplied.
- Black socket Output socket, this provides an additional earth.
MI Welding Machine
The new revised version of the MICC Limited MI Thermocouple welding machine incorporates a new weld torch assembly and a new vice jaw arrangement for easier changing of thermocouple sizes.
A comprehensive tool kit and the extended manual is provided with all Welders. Key features include;
- Welds all Mineral Insulated thermocouples from 1.0mm to 6.0mm
- Fully automatic weld cycle under microprocessor control
- Both conductors and sheath closure weld carried out on one machine
- Removable Microscope included with optical light guide for maximum visibility
- Separate weld actions for conductors and sheath closure (CD & TIG)
- Automatic recharge on CD ready for next weld
- TIG weld has slope-up and slope-down functions for accurate weld control envelope
- Bench mounted
- Single phase supply
The machine is constructed from 16 gauge Mild Steel, Epoxy powder coated on all inner and outer surfaces. The panels that make up the main case are bolted together by M6 bolts into captive nuts. There are no welded sections or self-tapping screws. The side panels have punched holes to allow airflow through the machine, which is assisted by an internal fan. Internal components are mounted on mild steel substructures, which can be removed for maintenance and repair. Two handles are provided on the sides of the machine, however, it is recommended that two people carry out any lifting or handling of the machine using approved lifting principles.
The machine operates from a single-phase 220-250v-ac-50Hz supply and is rated at 2000VA. For countries using 110V 60Hz please specify at time of order.
The machine requires a supply of High purity Argon Gas. Use of any other gases e.g. Argon/Nitrogen, Helium etc will alter the characteristics of the weld arc. Advice should be sought before using special gas mixes.
The maximum outside dimensions of the machine, including the microscope and weld table, are:
The bench footprint is
Ultrasonic MI Cable End Stripper
The New MICC Limited UCES-400 Ultrasonic Cable Stripping Machine uses powerful pulses of Ultrasonic energy to strip the sheath from mineral insulated cable.
The ultrasonic energy transfers to the insulation on contact and de-compacts and liquefies the powder, which escapes from the end of the cable.
The result is that all the powder in the stripped section is cleanly removed leaving the conductors completely untouched.
The whole action is completed in seconds (in the case of small cables in a fraction of a second).
All cable sizes can be accommodated from 1.0mm (0.04”) to 6.0mm (or ¼”)
The only preparation needed prior to stripping is to ring through the sheath at the break point (up to 25mm from the cable end).
The machine is supplied with a ringing tool and a pair of electronic side cutting pliers for the smaller sizes.
MI Cable Precision Drilling Machine
This new MICC Limited Precision MI Drilling Machine is designed to remove the insulation from the end of a prepared sample of M.I. cable in order to facilitate a complete welded measurement junction.
The insulation is removed along with a section of conductor by drilling the end of the cable precisely to the required depth. The machine cleanly cuts away the conductors without twisting them together at the same time as removing the insulation.
- Sizes from 1.0mm to 6.0mm MI cables
- Precise alignment even at 1mm
- Reduces preparation time
- Selectable footswitch Control option
- Selectable speeds up to 4000rpm
- Comprehensive accessories
- All drills, guides and collets supplied
- Bench fixing kit
- Full printed instruction manual (pdf also available on CD or via e-mail)
MI Cable Fault Locator
The MICC Limited High Resistance Fault Locator helps you quickly find faults occurring in cables through damage caused in storage, transit or during installation.
These faults are generally evident as impact marks or punctures in the cable sheath. Any moisture ingress through a damaged sheath results in a local lowering of the insulation resistance.
Our High Resistance Fault Locator is equally suitable for use in the factory or on site to locate faults in an installed cable system; it incorporates a solid-state galvanometer with a backlight and adjustable sensitivity. The instrument has been designed to meet the requirements of cable testing and locating cable faults where the resistance ranges from zero to 100MΩ.
Faults can be between two conductors or between a conductor and sheath. The circuit is essentially a classic Wheatstone bridge with a highly sensitive detector.
When the bridge is at the balance point the control indicates the position of the fault as a percentage of the cable root length.
Two sensitivity levels are provided to accommodate all ranges of cables. The instrument is housed in a rugged case manufactured from a high impact co-polymer.
The MICC Limited High Resistance Fault Locator comes complete with a CheckBox to check the operation and general accuracy of measurement.
In addition, there is a lead acid battery and charger, all necessary cables and an illustrated comprehensive instruction manual.